It's been one of those re-purpose breakfast mornings where I don't want to go anywhere in particular, and I also don't want to shop for additional ingredients. So why not just work with what I have already. Actually I take everything back. I always try to re-purpose everything that I have so nothing goes to waste. I decided to make a quick brunch before heading out with these ingredients:
- 2 Italian sausage links - These were frozen. I ran it under the water quickly so I could remove the casing. The links were still frozen, but I was still able to chop them into little pieces with some extra muscle.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper- from the jar. these were sliced into strips.
- 4 eggs - I always use "Happy Eggs"
- salt and pepper
- red chili flakes
- garnish condiments: sour cream, roasted anaheim pepper salsa, pico de gallo
- Left over wheat bread - toasted.
The sausage was cooked till charred bits were forming around the pork. Garlic and red chili flakes is then added and cooked out for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before the red bell peppers were added. This mixture is then cooked out for another minute.
The eggs are whisked and seasoned with salt and pepper before pouring on top of the sausage mixture. When the eggs are slowly coming together, toss in some ripped cilantro, about 2 tablespoons.
Lay out your toasted bread and top your scramble on top. Put a dollop of sour cream, and heapfulls of your salsa. Enjoy with a nice cup of Joe, and save the dishes for later.
Easy, hearty, beautiful and delicious. Make this for your family and friends in no time, no stress. Feel free to use other sausages or leave out condiments you don't have. It's always nice to have special items in your fridge or pantry like roasted peppers.
When you buy groceries, I recommend you taking a quick peek of what you have at home. You will be more inspired and creative when you are at the market that way.